The latest collection of Nunn Design jewelry findings was released last week. If you haven’t already heard, I’m over the moon in love with these new Open Bezel Channels. They are just a blast to work with! Here is some inspiration for you!
Open Bezel Channels!
Open Bezel Channels are solid brass with a soldered brass loop and are available in two sizes, large and small.
The Open Bezel Channel Deep Large Circle Single Loop outer dimensions measure in at 28.8 x 24 x 9.7mm. The inner dimensions clock in at 21.2 x 21.2 x 9.7mm. The channel has a 7.7mm width x 1mm depth.
The Open Bezel Channel Deep Small Circle Single Loop’s outer dimensions are 22.5 x 17 x 9.4mm. The inner dimensions are 14.8 x 14.8 x 9.4mm with a channel of 7.7mm width and 1mm depth. All are plated in copper, 24k gold and .999 fine silver. Made all the way in the USA!
Embed Organics into Nunn Design 2-Part Resin
I will be doing some tutorials on this coming up over the weeks, but if you are brand new to working with Nunn Design 2-Part Resin and Open Backs, here are some tutorials to get you started.
- Tutorials: We have a whole mess of great tutorials and videos to help you get started using Nunn Design 2-Part Resin. Take a look!
- Video: This video in particular really goes into the details of embedding organics in an open backed bezel.
Embedding into Crystal Clay
I’m sorry, but I just think this look is so awesome! The Open Bezel Channels are just so diverse! Keep the loop on or cut it off to create a variety of different looks!
- Tutorials: Although there isn’t a tutorial making these exact projects, there are a lot of tutorials showing how to embed chain into Crystal Clay. Take a look at all of these tutorials.
- Video: I don’t have an exact tutorial on this either, but this will be a good video to watch for learning how to apply the Crystal Clay and chain into a channel.
This technique is brand new to me. I don’t want to spill the beans, but this is what our upcoming Buy & Try scheduled for June 23rd is going to be on. Pretty cool isn’t it! This technique is brand new to me. I don’t want to spill the beans, but this is what our upcoming Buy & Try scheduled for June 23rd is going to be on. Pretty cool isn’t it!
Sculpting Crystal Clay
The Open Bezel Channels can be used with clay sculpted in the inside or wrapped around the outside. Or both at the same time!
- Tutorials: You can find links to blog posts and a downloadable tutorial here.
Last but not least, here is an example of using an Open Bezel Channel slightly altered. I created a hole in both the Open Bezel Channel and a Ring Hammered using a pair of Hole Punch Pliers. Next, I cut off the head part of a headpin and created a loop on one end. I then threaded the looped headpin through the Ring Hammered and Open Bezel Channel. You can add a charm and beads to create a look all your own!
See why these are by far my newest best favorite bezel? So many possibilities! So many looks from one bezel!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!