All Things French! 5 French Inspired Jewelry Techniques.
Since I’m traveling in France this month, I thought I’d provide a post on French inspired jewelry techniques. All 5 of these techniques can be altered if you aren’t into All Things French, but this blog post will hopefully get your brain turning. Maybe it will inspire you to do something like; All Things Yoga, All Things Momma, or All Things Foodie. Who knows? Just be inspired and create!!
1. Faux Porcelain with French Imagery.
This technique is a fast and fairly easy way to apply an image and resin into a bezel to achieve this faux porcelain like look. With all of the images of France, it just has to be included into this all things French post!
- Read Blog Post: Transfer Sheet Faux Porcelain Tutorial
- Video: How To Create A Faux Porcelain Look With Epoxy Clay, Transfer Sheets And UV Resin
- Download PDF Tutorial: How To Make Faux Porcelain Pendants With Transfer Sheets
Shop the Technique:
2. Colorized Resin with Regal Brass Stampings.
Adding a regal looking brass stamping, such as a fleur, crown, or cross to colorized resin can create a look that is oh so French!
- Blog Tutorial: How to Fill Open Frame Pendants with Colorized Resin and Brass Stampings Tutorial
- Video: How to Fill Open Frame Pendants with Colorized Resin and Metal Stampings by Becky Nunn
Shop the Technique:
3. Put an All Things French Charm on It!
Nothing speaks French like an Eiffel Tower. But other things that scream French are crosses and fleur de lis charms. Just add a couple of those onto a jewelry piece and you have crossed the Atlantic!
Shop the Look!
4. Use a Paris Collage Sheet Image
Nothing like a pre-sized image that you can trim and boom! You have an instant French connection!
- Blog Tutorial: Create This Parisian Resin Bracelet
- Download PDF Tutorial: “Make This” Resin Charm Bracelet
Shop the Look!
5. Create a French Inspired Sculpted Relief
Use a French inspired brass stamping to create a mold, use Crystal Clay, colorized resin and Voila! You have managed a sculpted relief look.
- Read Blog: Make These Sculpted Relief Epoxy Clay and Resin Pendants
- Watch Video: How to Create Faux Porcelain Sculpted Relief
- Download PDF Tutorial: Sculpted Relief Epoxy Clay & Resin Pendants
Shop the Technique!
Follow France Trip on Instagram!
You may also like to read:
Would you like to subscribe to our blog? It is full of great projects and giveaways!
Welcome to the Nunn Design® Notebook — an online creative space devoted to all that inspires. Here, you’ll discover everything from our latest project videos and Make This how-to guides, to beautiful creations by fellow artisans. Stay current with new product announcements, contests, give-aways, and special discounts. Or learn business tips, tricks, and tools of the trade. Whatever your passion, we hope to help kindle your inspiration, nurture your muse, and unleash your creativity.
All rights reserved © Nunn Design 2017
Search the Blog
Upcoming Shows & Classes
October 5th-7th, 2017
Port Townsend, WA
- Inside Nunn Design (254)
- Artisan Spotlight (71)
- Be Inspired (341)
- Inside Nunn Design (getting to know Becky) (52)
- In The Press (58)
- Giveaways (110)
- New Products (85)
- Adorned Life (17)
- Innovation Team (40)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Tutorials (158)
- Newsletter (1)
- On My Table (10)
- Buy & Try (45)
- Flash Sale (32)
- Etsy (10)
- Kits (7)
- Art Retreat (6)
- Elements of Expression (1)
Buy & Try Products
It is always exciting to see new techniques and projects, but sometimes it takes forever to gather the supplies for that afternoon of creating. The Buy & Try Program allows you to be inspired and purchase just the items needed to explore the technique we are featuring. “Buy & Try” offers may contain items that we don’t typically have in stock! Purchase the “Buy & Try” products either a la-carte, or in a combo pack.
To shop retail, click on the images below.