This tutorial is the second in a series about how to create fun jewelry with Open Frame Hoops. We will be offering a Flash Sale of Open Frame Hoops starting this coming Thursday, August 25th-28th, 2016.
The Open Frame Hoops are available in 4 sizes They are made from a durable 12 gauge brass wire with a seamless joint and are plated in copper, 24k gold and .999 fine silver. All are made and plated in the USA.
Variety of Open Frame Hoops
2’ of 24-Gauge Wire – Silver
19” of Leather Cord 1.5mm Black
Needle Nose Pliers
Mix sizes and color combinations of the Open Frame Hoops and experiment with a design that looks visually pleasing to you.
To connect the Open Frame Hoops to the Leather Cord, fold the 19” of Leather Cord in half and thread it through the Open Frame Hoops and create a loop. Pull tight. If your ends of your Leather Cord are not even, use a pair of Flush Cutters or Scissors to trim them.
To begin creating the wire wrapped clasp, thread one of the ends of the 1.5mm Leather Cord with an Open Frame Hoop Mini. Allow ½” of excess Leather Cord to be folded over and overlapped after you thread on the hoop. This will be the area that you wire wrap.
To start wire wrapping the ends of the Leather Cord with the 24-gauge wire, use a pair of needle nose pliers to bend one of the wire ends at a 90-degree angle. Starting the wire wrap can be tricky and take practice, but what you want to do is wrap over that wire in an effort to hide the end. This will help the end be more secure and not snag on anything. Lay the 90-degree angle of the 24 gauge wire down onto the ½” of excess Leather Cord. Start to wrap over it. After you have a couple of wraps around the Leather Cord with the wire, stop and pull the end taught with a pair of needle nose pliers. Continue to wrap about ¼.”
To finish the end of the wire wrapping, thread the wire through the Leather Cord loop that the Open Frame Hoop is attached to. Trim away the excess wire with a pair of flush cutters, making sure that the end of the wire is within the leather cord loop.
Repeat Steps 3-5 on the other side of the clasp, this time threading on the Lobster Clasp.
Once your ends are complete, use your needle nose pliers to squish together your wire wrapped ends, making the wire wrapped area nice and tight.
If you have excess Leather Cord on both ends, use a pair of Flush Cutters or scissors to cut away the excess.
And that is it. Fairly simple. The wire wrapping might take some practice. Allow yourself some practice runs to get it just right.
Shop the Supplies:
- Variety of Open Frame Hoops
- 2’ of 20-Gauge Wire – Silver
- Lobster Clasp
- Flush Cutters
- Needle Nose Pliers
Here is how the Flash Sales Work:
- No Minimum Purchase on Flash Sale items.
- Open Frame Hoop Flash Sale starts August 25th, 2016 and will run through the weekend ending Sunday August 28th, 2016 at 11:59 pm
- No need to place a minimum order of $100.00 on Flash Sale Items. • The Flash Sale Program cannot be combined with other wholesale products. Sorry it may be a bit confusing, so email Cheryl at Cheryl@nunndesign.com if you have any questions.
- Orders for the Open Frame Hoops will start to ship the week of September 26th, 2016.
- If the Open Frame Hoops are super popular, we will stock these in our regular Nunn Design Findings Line. You can also order them after the Flash Sale, but minimums requirements will apply.
See you on Thursday! Don’t miss it!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!