Enter To Win This Great Giveaway!
***CONTEST CLOSED*** These fun earrings are a cinch to make and fun to boot! Make a bead out of two of Nunn Designs Coral Bead Caps and Crystal Clay, add Crystal Clay to a 6mm Petal Bead and add a chaton to create a floral accent. It just can’t get much easier than this! Download these simple step-by-step instructions (PDF) and get crackin’!
We will be sending 1 lucky reader all the product and findings needed to create this “Make This” project. Like us on Facebook and then comment here to be eligible to win. This contest ends at 11:59PM on September 6th with winners to be announced on September 7th. Enter now!
The following items were used to make this project:
Earwires Antique Gold
Headpins 2” Antique Gold
Bead Caps 9mm Coral Antique Gold
Bead Caps 6mm Petal Antique Gold
Elongated Heart Charm Antique Gold
Chaton Birthstones Garnet
Crystal Clay-Dark Brown
1. Pinch off two equal (large pea) size balls, of Part A (the color) and Part B (the hardener). Knead the two equal size balls fully together until the clay is a consistent color and not marbled.
2. Pinch off a tiny bit of the mixed clay to use later in the center of each flower petal. Roll the remaining amount of epoxy clay into two equal size balls. Press one ball into the base of one of the coral bead caps. ½ of your clay ball should still be exposed. Press the second coral bead cap over and squish the two bead caps together. Repeat with remaining clay and bead caps.
3. Using a head pin, press through the center of the two pressed together bead caps. This allows you to have a channel through the center once the clay hardens. Repeat with second set of bead caps.
4. To add the flower to the elongated hearts, use the tiny bit of clay we set aside from step 2. Press the bead cap into the clay. Repeat with second elongated heart.
5. Apply a small amount of clay inside of the bead cap and embed inside bead cap. Using the beeswax toothpick, pick-up the individual Chatons and gently press each into the epoxy clay in the center of the inside bead cap. Repeat.
6. Allow all pieces to cure 12-24 hours before assembling your finished earrings.
To Assemble the Earrings:
7. Using one of the headpins, trim off the head part with a pair of cutting pliers. Repeat with second headpin.
8. Using a pair of needle nose pliers, make a large loop on one of the ends of the headpin. Repeat.
9. Thread the headpin through the Coral Bead made in Step 2. Repeat with second Coral Bead.
10. Using a pair of needle nose pliers, make a loop on the bottom half of the headpin. Prior to closing the loop, attach the Elongated Heart Charm. Repeat.
11. Thread 3 headpins through three 3mm beads. Cut each of the headpins approximately ¼” from the base of the bead with a pair of cutting pliers. Repeat with 2nd set of beads.
12. Using a pair of needle nose pliers, make a loop on each of the 3mm beads and attach the beads and an ear wire to the large loop of the Coral Bead made in Step 8. Repeat.
13. Prepare for requests to make a pair for your friends!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!