How to Use Nunn Design Crimp Connectors with Satellite Chain
Doing a tutorial on how to use the Nunn Design Connectors with Satellite Chain has been on my to do list. Sorry, still hasn’t happened! But here is a basic step-by-step walk through!
1. Cut the chain 1/8″ from the last ball (if you don’t the ball will slide off).
2. Apply a small dab of glue, such as E6000 or Bond527 Cement onto a toothpick.
3. Hold the crimp connector with a pair of pliers by the loop in one hand and apply the dab of glue into the inside of crimp connector with the other hand.
4. While still holding onto the loop with the pair of pliers in the other place the balled end of the satellite chain into crimp connector with the other hand.
5. Close the crimp connector with your fingers. Use a pair of pliers to press gently the two halves of the crimp connector together making sure it is secure.
6. Let glue dry and assemble.
Video: How to Use Nunn Design Ball Chain Connectors
Julie Bean of Beadaholique did this video showing how to use the Nunn Design Crimp Connectors with Ball Chain. Julie’s technique is slightly different than how I do mine, but both techniques work great!
Here are some examples of how Team Nunn designed with the Nunn Design Crimp Connectors.
In this necklace, I used Crimp Connectors for the clasp, but I wire wrapped the satellite chain for the focal area.
Shop the Supplies!
You may also like to read:
Welcome to the Nunn Design® Notebook — an online creative space devoted to all that inspires. Here, you’ll discover everything from our latest project videos and Make This how-to guides, to beautiful creations by fellow artisans. Stay current with new product announcements, contests, give-aways, and special discounts. Or learn business tips, tricks, and tools of the trade. Whatever your passion, we hope to help kindle your inspiration, nurture your muse, and unleash your creativity.
All rights reserved © Nunn Design 2017
Would you like to subscribe to our blog? Read 10 reasons why!
Search the Blog
- Adorned Life (17)
- Artisan Spotlight (82)
- Be Inspired (369)
- Buy & Try (45)
- Cheatsheets (7)
- Etsy (10)
- Flash Sales (53)
- Getting to know Becky (52)
- Giveaways (110)
- In The Press (59)
- Innovation Team (39)
- Inside Nunn Design (273)
- Kits (15)
- ND Product Info (8)
- Nunn Design Art Retreats (7)
- On My Table (10)
- Product Releases (97)
- Team Nunn (18)
- Tutorials (188)
Buy & Try Products
It is always exciting to see new techniques and projects, but sometimes it takes forever to gather the supplies for that afternoon of creating. The Buy & Try Program allows you to be inspired and purchase just the items needed to explore the technique we are featuring. “Buy & Try” offers may contain items that we don’t typically have in stock! Purchase the “Buy & Try” products either a la-carte, or in a combo pack.
To shop retail, click on the images below.