Nunn Design Featured on the Design*Sponge Blog!
This week, Nunn Design has been featured on the Design*Sponge Blog, your home for all things design. Many of you may not be a stranger to Grace Bonney’s Design*Sponge Blog, for we have featured and linked several of her essays over the years.
Visit the article here: All the Little Pieces: Becky Nunn Talks Creativity & Small Business
On the Design*Sponge “About” page, you will learn a great deal about the powerhouse behind the Design*Sponge platform.
“Grace founded the D*S Biz Ladies Series in 2008, which began as a national series of meet ups for women running creative businesses. The series now lives on as a weekly column on the site where business owners can receive free advice and guidance on setting up and growing their creative businesses.”
What We Talk About:
I had a great deal of fun answering the questions featured in this interview. Here are some of the questions that I responded to:
- What was your background leading into owning Nunn Design?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s the best part of your job?
- And the hardest part of your job?
- What on-the-job tools do you use every day?
- You describe yourself as an entrepreneur. Why do you use that term verses designer or jewelry artist?
- What aspects of owning your company provides you the most fulfillment?
- In your bi-line, you state that you believe that everyone is creative. How would you address those who just don’t believe that to be true?
- You mentioned that you have a non-conventional business culture at Nunn Design. Could you tell us more about that?
- What life skills have been most helpful in pursuing a career as a creative and a buyer?
- I would think the world of jewelry findings would be very competitive. How do you deal with competition?
- Can you name a moment of failure in your business experience that you learned from or that helped you improve your business or the way you work?
- One piece of advice for beginners?
This interview is very personal and vulnerable for me. You would be doing me a great honor if you would read it and if you would leave a comment on the Design*Sponge Blog.
Thank you in advance for your support and willingness to learn more about my own creative journey as well as my business journey.
If you enjoyed reading this post,
please subscribe to our blog.
Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe
and a place to do so!
You may also like to read:
- Watch Becky on Beadaholique’s Facebook Live! October 16th!
- Nunn Design Jewelry Kits for Embroidery Inspiration. Featuring Sarah of Itty Bitty Bunnies!
- Nunn Design Jewelry Kits for Embroidery Inspiration! Featuring Jessica of Namaste Embroidery
- Nunn Design Jewelry Kits for Embroidery Inspiration! Featuring Shelly of Shelly Sells Lemonade
Welcome to the Nunn Design® Notebook — an online creative space devoted to all that inspires. Here, you’ll discover everything from our latest project videos and Make This how-to guides, to beautiful creations by fellow artisans. Stay current with new product announcements, contests, give-aways, and special discounts. Or learn business tips, tricks, and tools of the trade. Whatever your passion, we hope to help kindle your inspiration, nurture your muse, and unleash your creativity.
All rights reserved © Nunn Design 2017
Nunn Design Tradeshow Schedule:
Would you like to subscribe to our blog? Read 10 reasons why!
Search the Blog
- Adorned Life (17)
- Artisan Spotlight (103)
- Be Inspired (403)
- Becky's Business Tips (7)
- Buy & Try (98)
- Cheatsheets (7)
- Etsy (10)
- Flash Sales (59)
- Getting to know Becky (59)
- Giveaways (110)
- In The Press (60)
- Innovation Team (41)
- Inside Nunn Design (290)
- Kits (37)
- ND Product Info (13)
- Nunn Design Art Retreats (7)
- On My Table (10)
- Product Releases (113)
- Team Nunn (19)
- Tutorials (256)
Buy & Try Products
It is always exciting to see new techniques and projects, but sometimes it takes forever to gather the supplies for that afternoon of creating. The Buy & Try Program allows you to be inspired and purchase just the items needed to explore the technique we are featuring. “Buy & Try” offers may contain items that we don’t typically have in stock! Purchase the “Buy & Try” products either a la-carte, or in a combo pack.
Click on the images below to visit the tutorials and shop the supplies.