This week, Nunn Design has been featured on the Design*Sponge Blog, your home for all things design. Many of you may not be a stranger to Grace Bonney’s Design*Sponge Blog, for we have featured and linked several of her essays over the years.
Visit the article here: All the Little Pieces: Becky Nunn Talks Creativity & Small Business
On the Design*Sponge “About” page, you will learn a great deal about the powerhouse behind the Design*Sponge platform.
“Grace founded the D*S Biz Ladies Series in 2008, which began as a national series of meet ups for women running creative businesses. The series now lives on as a weekly column on the site where business owners can receive free advice and guidance on setting up and growing their creative businesses.”
What We Talk About:
I had a great deal of fun answering the questions featured in this interview. Here are some of the questions that I responded to:
- What was your background leading into owning Nunn Design?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s the best part of your job?
- And the hardest part of your job?
- What on-the-job tools do you use every day?
- You describe yourself as an entrepreneur. Why do you use that term verses designer or jewelry artist?
- What aspects of owning your company provides you the most fulfillment?
- In your bi-line, you state that you believe that everyone is creative. How would you address those who just don’t believe that to be true?
- You mentioned that you have a non-conventional business culture at Nunn Design. Could you tell us more about that?
- What life skills have been most helpful in pursuing a career as a creative and a buyer?
- I would think the world of jewelry findings would be very competitive. How do you deal with competition?
- Can you name a moment of failure in your business experience that you learned from or that helped you improve your business or the way you work?
- One piece of advice for beginners?
This interview is very personal and vulnerable for me. You would be doing me a great honor if you would read it and if you would leave a comment on the Design*Sponge Blog.
Thank you in advance for your support and willingness to learn more about my own creative journey as well as my business journey.
If you enjoyed reading this post,
please subscribe to our blog.
Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe
and a place to do so!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!