Melissa, our graphics diva, forwarded this video to me last week. Melissa likes to listen to Ze Frank when she is trying to inspire herself to “do”. In this video, Ze Frank talks about “Being A Creative Professional.” Here are some of the points that he makes in the video that I like:
- If you want to be something, start being it today. Not tomorrow, but today!
- Understanding your creative rhythm.
“One thing that helps me – is to realize that I have a rhythm, in a way. There are times when I can take on big, unsolvable tasks, open-ended questions and then there are times that I can’t. At those times I have to find small, little solvable problems to work on.” – Ze Frank
- Break things down into solvable and doable small tasks.
- Consume as much information as you can about your chosen field.
- Get your work in front of other people.
- How to filter criticism.
- Be clear on what part of your work fills you internally and what part of your work gets attention and fills you externally. And that both are okay.
- If you want to do something, do it! It is okay to take your time, but don’t procrastinate because you are scared.
What do you think?
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!