8 Tips on How to Care For and Enhance the Shelf Life of Nunn Design Resin
Taking a few moments to learn about how to best store your Nunn Design Resin will enhance the shelf life of the product. We believe learning these tips is time well invested.
I like how Epoxyworks defines “shelf life.”
Captain James R. Watson writes:
“Shelf life is the time a material may sit unused and still perform as designed. Shelf life commences when a material is made. The shelf life of some material is shortened once the package is opened, others not. For example, a can of soda can sit on a grocer’s shelf for a year and still taste fine when opened. But no matter how long it sat unopened, it is best when first opened and afterwards quickly looses fizz and flavor. Honey, on the other hand, seems to retain its consistency and flavor indefinitely, even after the jar has been opened.”
Here are our 8 Tips!
- Nunn Design Resin is good for over a year. We recommend you don’t purchase more resin than will be used in a 6-month time frame, as the hardener may yellow. Even if the resin has expired, the resin will still be usable; we just won’t be able to guarantee it. We suggest doing a test, to assure that the resin will cure prior to using it on an important piece of jewelry, after it has expired.
- Store Nunn Design Resin out of direct sunlight.
- Store Nunn Design Resin at a consistent temperature of 70° F. Do not store near a source of heat.
- Store Nunn Design Resin in a dry humid free environment.
- Once the Nunn Design Resin is opened, store each bottle of resin in an individual plastic bag. This will prevent from any leakage if somebody doesn’t screw the lid on properly after usage and prevent contamination of the resin.
- Good mixing practices for Nunn Design Resin will prevent contamination of the resin. Always wipe the lids of the resin prior to securely fastening the tops back on the bottles. Do not mix the lids of Part A and B with one another.
- Do not mix batches. Once part A is done, you may have a little of Part B remaining. Dispose of the remaining resin and start a fresh package of resin.
- If resin thickens, try warming the resin in a pool of warm tap water (70° F) prior to mixing. This will help soften the resin.
Our Nunn Design Resin Kit contains one 4 ounce bottle of clear epoxy resin, one 4 ounce bottle of epoxy hardener, two precision tips to screw onto the bottles, five mixing cups, five mixing sticks, and printed resin instructions.
What are your Resin Tips?
Please leave a comment and let us know other tips that you might have! We all would love to know!
If you enjoyed reading this post,
please subscribe to our blog.
Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe
and a place to do so!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!