Last week we launched our newest Sculpted Relief Buy & Try Program. Within this technique tutorial we showed just how easy it is to create unique Crystal Clay sculpted pendants with molds made from silicone putty and brass stampings. This week, let’s take a look at how to create a faux porcelain look with Nunn Design Resin and Craftin’ Craft Opaque Colorants. All of the items to create this great look are currently on sale through May 4th, 2014 at Nunn Design. Be inspired to Buy & Try this great limited time offer!
Shop Wholesale: Buy & Try Sculpted Relief
To see a full tutorial on how this is done, you can visit our blog post or download our free tutorial. But if you learn like me (why read when I can look at pictures!) I’ll give you the 5-second executive summary.
Step 1: Create Your Mold
Create your mold. Using Easy Mold Silicone Putty, mix thoroughly and press in your brass stamping of choice. Mix Crystal Clay and set into your Nunn Design Bezel. Create a sculpted relief by pressing the mold into the clay filled bezel.
Step 2: Colorize The Resin
Colorize with resin with Craftin’ Craft Opaque Pigments. To create a faux porcelain look, mix Nunn Design 2 Part Resin and add a TINY bit of blue and yellow Craftin’ Crafts Opaque Pigments.
Step 3: Apply Colorized Resin
Apply colorized resin to sculpted relief. I let my mixed and colorized resin set up for about 15 minutes before applying it to the sculpted relief.
Shop the Nunn Design Site for all of the supplies for this great Sculpted Relief Buy & Try by clicking below:
Shop Supplies RETAIL:
Shop Supplies Wholesale:
What is the Buy & Try Program?
Nunn Design offers a Buy & Try Program to encourage jewelry makers; both wholesale and retail, to buy the products needed to try something new.
For Wholesalers: How the Wholesale Buy & Try Program works:
- Minimum wholesale quantities for “Buy & Try” items are waived, allowing you to receive the lowest tiered price possible.
- No need to purchase a wholesale minimum order of $100.00 on “Buy & Try” items. You can add these items to your cart and check out with just the items you will need for a day of creating!
- “Buy & Try” items cannot be combined with other wholesale products. Sorry it may be a bit confusing, so email Cheryl at Cheryl@nunndesign.com if you have any questions.
- The Buy & Try Sculpted Relief offer expires May 4th, 2014, at midnight. Orders will ship on or before May 9th,
- After May 4th:
- Buy & Try items will stay up for purchase however you will be required to purchase full bulk packs of findings and you may combine these items with regular wholesale items.
- $100 Minimum order back in effect.
Shop Nunn Design Wholesale
Nunn Design has been supplying jewelry artists with findings for over 20 years. Shop wholesale jewelry findings for creative jewelry makers.Shop Nunn Design!
How to Purchase Wholesale?
If you are interested in becoming one of the many designers who trust their jewelry to Nunn Design Findings, please join us by registering to become one of our wholesale customers!
Please visit our Where to Buy Page for a listing of online stores that sell Nunn Design Findings retail.
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!