Two weeks ago we launched our newest Sculpted Relief Buy & Try Program. Nunn Design Team Member Debra Oldham was so inspired with this technique that she gave it a try for her Artisan Feature this month. For the full-blown Artisan Feature on Debra, please visit our blog next week, but let me give you a sneak peek of some of her pieces.
How Did Debra Do It?
The new Buy & Try Sculpted Relief Tutorial teaches:
- How to create a mold with Easy Mold Silicone Putty
- How to create sculpted reliefs with epoxy clay
- How to colorize resin to apply over the top.
For Debra’s pieces, she altered how she created her molds in Step 1, skipped Step 2 and poured her colorized resin from Step 3 directly into her mold. Let’s take a look.
How She Created Her Pieces
Using the Nunn Design Glass Cheat Sheet, Debra found a piece of glass that would fit the Large Pendant Oval Bezel she was working with. Using some needle nose pliers, Debra wrapped the Brass Stamping Alder Leaf around the glass and then pressed the glass/brass stamping combo into some mixed Silicone Molding Putty. Once she let her molding putty cure for 24 hours, she mixed her Nunn Design Resin, added a pin tip of blue and yellow Craftin’ Craft Opaque Pigments and poured the resin mixture into her mold. The end result created this glass like sculpted relief.
The results are Awesome! All of the items to create this great look are currently on sale through May 4th , 2014 at Nunn Design. Be inspired to Buy & Try this great limited time offer! Here is how it works:
- Be inspired and purchase just the items needed to explore the technique we are featuring.
- “Buy & Try” offers may contain items that we don’t typically have in stock, yet you will be able to purchase at wholesale prices.
- Minimum quantities for “Buy & Try” items are waived, allowing you to receive the lowest price possible.
- No need to purchase a minimum of $100.00 on “Buy & Try” items. You may add these items to your cart and check out with just the items you will need for a day of creating!
- Purchase the “Buy & Try” products either a la-carte, or in a combo pack. Combo packs allow you to save an additional 10% off the wholesale price if you are a wholesaler!
- “Buy & Try” items are a limited time offer. The “Buy & Try”-Sculpted Relief” offer expires May 4th, 2014 at midnight and has a limited supply in stock. Orders will ship by May 9th, 2014.
- For you wholesalers: The Buy & Try Sculpted Relief Program cannot be combined with other wholesale products. Gosh darn it! Sorry for the inconvenience. You will need to purchase a $100.00 minimum wholesale order PLUS your Buy & Try Sculpted Relief items in order to check out. But if you are just purchasing Buy & Try Sculpted Relief items, you can check out for less than the $100.00 minimum order. Please email email@example.com with questions.
How to Purchase Wholesale?
If you are interested in becoming one of the many designers who trust their jewelry to Nunn Design Findings, please join us by registering to become one of our wholesale customers!
Nunn Design primarily sells wholesale, but we do offer Retail DIY Kit supplies for certain projects. For all other findings, please visit our Where to Buy Page for a listing of online stores that sell Nunn Design Findings retail.
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!