Make These Bitsy Earrings with Nunn Design Resin and Glitter Roxs – Tutorial! Buy & Try!
These little Bitsy Earrings with Nunn Design Resin and Glitter Roxs are just too cute! They also have an elegant classic look, but hip enough for the younger jewelry wearer (I am basing that off of my 14 year old asking me for a pair!)
Nunn Design offers a Buy & Try Program to encourage jewelry makers – both wholesale and retail – to buy the products needed to try something new. This week we are featuring the different techniques that you can create with the Bitsy Earring Posts.
- Shop Wholesale: Buy & Try Bitsy Earrings with Glitter Roxs
In this tutorial, I’ll be covering how to mix Nunn Design Resin and apply Glitter Roxs to create elegant, yet fun, Bitsy Earrings.
Nunn Design Earring Posts
Nunn Design 2-Part Resin Kit
Needle Nose Pliers
The Nunn Design Bezels are oxidized to provide the antique look to the precious metal plating. The oxidization, when it comes into contact with the resin, could change the color of the resin. To avoid this, clean the bezel thoroughly prior to apply the resin. Get the tip of a Q-Tip wet with rubbing alcohol and clean away any of the blackened oxidization, especially from the inside of the bezel.
Create a flat surface where the posts of the earrings can poke through and be level. I used a piece of packaging to create this surface.
Read the resin instructions for safety concerns regarding the Nunn Design Resin.
When I work with resin, I always:
- Place a large plastic bag over my work surface and tape it down.
- I make sure I have ventilation in my workroom.
- I wear gloves.
- I wear glasses (readers because I can’t see anymore. Plus it protects my eyes!).
- I have a pile of wet wipes handy.
- This is a great blog post that covers 20 Habits for Successfully Using Nunn Design 2-Part Epoxy Resin. Even if you are a seasoned resin mixer, this might be worth a read.
- You can also watch this great video on How to Mix Nunn Design Resin!
Place one cup (included in the Nunn Design Resin Kit) onto your table.
For curing purposes, it is very important that the resin be an exact 1 to 1 ratio of Part A and Part B. I suggest getting your eyes level with the resin so you can see the lines on the measuring cup.
Pour Part A of your resin kit up to the ½ fluid ounce mark on your measuring cup.
Pour Part B of your resin kit into the same cup until it is filled to the 1 fluid ounce mark. It is important to pour Part A first and then Part B. It is some chemical thing about the part A being heavier or something.
Set your timer for 2 minutes. Using the stir stick from your kit (a popsicle stick or coffee stir stick will work great too), slowly and carefully stir your resin scraping the sides as you stir. Stir for the full 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, scrape both sides of your stir stick on the edge of your resin filled cup.
Drizzle a small amount of mixed resin into the base of the Bitsy Bezels using a toothpick or stir stick. You will want enough resin to fully cover the base of the bezel.
I like to pour the Glitter Roxs from the plastic container into a mixing cup. This helps avoid pouring too many of the Glitter Roxs into the bezel. Gently tap the side of the cup to fill the Glitter Roxs into the base of the Bitsy Earring Bezel.
Warning: The Glitter Roxs are tiny shards of glass, so make sure to wear safety glasses and avoid putting your fingers near your eyes.
Using a toothpick, insert the Glitter Roxs into the Bitsy Earring bezel. Stir the Glitter Roxs into the resin until the flakes are slightly coated. It is important to make sure that the Glitter Roxs are fully coated in the base of the bezel; otherwise they can easily rise and protrude out of the resin.
Pour your excess Glitter Roxs back into the containers avoiding any waste.
Continue to add other colors of Glitter Roxs or combine colors to create unique pieces.
Once the Glitter Roxs are fully coated in the base of the bezel, use a toothpick to drizzle additional clear resin over the resin/Glitter Roxs mixture. Take your time and continue to drizzle enough resin until you have a high dome Bitsy Earring. Since they are so bitsy in size, it is really easy to overflow, so take your time.
Let the resin cure for 12 hours. If you had any over pour of resin that is stuck to the sides of the bezel, use a pair of needle nose pliers to gentle remove the resin. When the resin is 12 hours into the curing process it is still not fully cured, but this soft cure state makes it really easy to remove the excess resin from the bezel.
Let pieces cure for the full curing cycle of up to 72 hours.
Add on butterfly clutches and have fun sporting your new Bitsy Earrings with Colorized Resin!
Download PDF Tutorial: Make These Bitsy Earrings with Glitter Roxs and Resin PDF
Here is a tutorial video of the process!
This is the last of the three tutorials and Buy & Try programs using Bitsy Earrings! Check the other tutorials here!
- Make These Bitsy Earrings with Colorized Resin – Tutorial
- Bitsy Earrings with Crystal Clay, Gold Flakes and Nunn Design Resin Tutorial
Shop Supplies RETAIL:
You can explore this technique with our Buy & Try Program – Bitsy Earrings with Mica Flakes! And check out the other two techniques with their Buy & Try’s below.
Shop Supplies WHOLESALE:
- Buy & Try Bitsy Earrings with Glitter Roxs
- Buy & Try Bitsy Earrings with Mica Flakes
- Buy & Try Bitsy Earrings with Colorized Resin!
What is the Buy & Try Program?
Nunn Design offers a Buy & Try Program to encourage jewelry makers; both wholesale and retail, to buy the products needed to try something new.
This week we are featuring the different techniques that you can create with the Bitsy Earring Posts. Be inspired and purchase just the items needed to explore the technique we are featuring! Enjoy!
For Wholesalers: How the Wholesale Buy & Try Program works:
- Minimum wholesale quantities for “Buy & Try” items are waived, allowing you to receive the lowest tiered price possible.
- No need to purchase a wholesale minimum order of $100.00 on “Buy & Try” items. You can add these items to your cart and check out with just the items you will need for a day of creating!
- “Buy & Try” items cannot be combined with other wholesale products. Sorry it may be a bit confusing, so email Cheryl at Cheryl@nunndesign.com if you have any questions.
- The Buy & Try Bitsy Earring Post offer expires May 4th at midnight. Orders will ship on or before May 7th,
- After May 4th:
- Buy & Try items will stay up for purchase however you will be required to purchase full bulk packs of findings and you may combine these items with regular wholesale items.
- $100 Minimum order back in effect.
You may also like to read:
- Make This Organic Tag with Crystal Charm Bracelet. Free Tutorial & Video! Kit $18.00!
- Make This Organic Tag With Crystal Charm Necklace. Free Tutorial & Video! Kit $15.00!
- Citrine Point Earrings Video + New Kits by Fusionbeads.com
- July in Review! Get Ready for the Next No Minimum Monday, August 6, 2018!
Welcome to the Nunn Design® Notebook — an online creative space devoted to all that inspires. Here, you’ll discover everything from our latest project videos and Make This how-to guides, to beautiful creations by fellow artisans. Stay current with new product announcements, contests, give-aways, and special discounts. Or learn business tips, tricks, and tools of the trade. Whatever your passion, we hope to help kindle your inspiration, nurture your muse, and unleash your creativity.
All rights reserved © Nunn Design 2017
Would you like to subscribe to our blog? Read 10 reasons why!
Search the Blog
- Adorned Life (17)
- Artisan Spotlight (85)
- Be Inspired (378)
- Becky's Business Tips (6)
- Buy & Try (85)
- Cheatsheets (7)
- Etsy (10)
- Flash Sales (55)
- Getting to know Becky (56)
- Giveaways (110)
- In The Press (59)
- Innovation Team (40)
- Inside Nunn Design (283)
- Kits (27)
- ND Product Info (10)
- Nunn Design Art Retreats (7)
- On My Table (10)
- Product Releases (103)
- Team Nunn (19)
- Tutorials (226)
Buy & Try Products
It is always exciting to see new techniques and projects, but sometimes it takes forever to gather the supplies for that afternoon of creating. The Buy & Try Program allows you to be inspired and purchase just the items needed to explore the technique we are featuring. “Buy & Try” offers may contain items that we don’t typically have in stock! Purchase the “Buy & Try” products either a la-carte, or in a combo pack.
Click on the images below to visit the tutorials and shop the supplies.