Selling on Etsy? 10 Great Resources!
After years of creating jewelry for the Nunn Design gallery, making samples for magazine articles and creating jewelry to develop new techniques and tutorials, I have accumulated bags and bags of jewelry that are now stacked up in my office and in storage under my bed. It is time for me to find an outlet for my own creativity while I fuel our Nunn Design customers with inspiration. I hope that you will support me in my decision to start an Etsy Store for the purpose of selling my finished jewelry creations.
Oh my though! I’m learning things that you all have known forever! Since we at Nunn Design are wholesale only, I relate to you on a business-to-business basis. Now we are talking business-to-consumer. It is a whole new ball of wax for me.
So, I do what I always do when I’m starting something new. I research, read and ask questions of everyone I know who has an Etsy site. I have my notebook out and I am trying to soak up all I can. Of course, I have to set a deadline for when my analyzing has got to stop and I just have to do my very best getting started. Here are 10 resources that I have been reading to get myself educated. Even if you have an Etsy site, it couldn’t hurt to check these resources out to see if you can glean any tips to help you take your shop to the next level.
10 Great Etsy Resources!
- I really liked this 5 part series from Stephanie’s from Six Figures Under. She was more detailed in the specifics costs and than other blogs I visited. http://www.sixfiguresunder.com/can-i-make-money-on-etsy/
- In this video from Handmadeology’s owner and chief editor Timothy Adam, he covers 10 tips to successful selling on Etsy. But after you watch the video, scroll down to the article. Each of the 10 tips has dozens of articles full of great information. This alone will keep me up late reading! I signed up for the Handmadeology blog too. I’m excited. http://www.handmadeology.com/10-real-tips-for-successfully-selling-on-etsy/
- And here is a blog post for those of you who are seasoned Etsy sellers. Handmadeology writer Megan Petersen covers 50 Reasons You’re Not Getting Etsy Sales (although I hope that isn’t the case for you!) http://www.handmadeology.com/50-reasons-youre-not-getting-etsy-sales/
- FitSmallBusiness.com has How To Be Successful on Etsy-The Ultimate Guide. Hmm, not sure about “ultimate”, but it is worth a look-see. http://fitsmallbusiness.com/how-to-be-successful-on-etsy/
- Etsy does a killer job providing tips on how to get started! They must make it easy enough otherwise they wouldn’t have as many sellers! https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/top-10-tips-for-starting-an-etsy/22664153555
- Here is a link to the Etsy Seller Handbook, yet another great free resource. https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook
- I have already spent hours reading through some of the questions brought up on the Etsy Community Forum. It is interesting to learn about questions that I don’t even know to ask. Joining an Etsy’s Community/Forum Discussions will be something that I look forward to doing. https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss?ref=help_forums_suggestion
- There are dozens of books on how to set-up an Etsy business. In a quick Google search, I was interested in this one. Mostly because it has 5 star reviews and was just released this summer. But, scroll down from this link. You will see dozens of other books that Amazon sells on this subject. Do you have a favorite? http://www.amazon.com/Etsy-Excellence-Creating-Thriving-Business/dp/
- Ah, I couldn’t resist throwing this one in. Even Country Living is on the bandwagon for helping us make a living doing what we love! http://www.countryliving.com/life/a35946/how-to-sell-on-etsy/
- Just when I think I simply can’t do this, I love to read articles about Etsy sellers who have already done it. It is exciting to see so many people doing what they love and doing well at it. http://www.learnvest.com/2014/05/how-i-did-it-opened-my-own-etsy-shop/
- Here is an extra bonus resource from 5 of Shoplo’s most established Etsy Artists. Hey, if we can learn from those who have had a successful track record selling on Etsy, why not, right? https://www.shoplo.com/blog/ho
Etsy Thoughts or Advice?
I would love to hear from you, our valued customers, on what you think and any advice that you have for me. Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like to read:
Welcome to the Nunn Design® Notebook — an online creative space devoted to all that inspires. Here, you’ll discover everything from our latest project videos and Make This how-to guides, to beautiful creations by fellow artisans. Stay current with new product announcements, contests, give-aways, and special discounts. Or learn business tips, tricks, and tools of the trade. Whatever your passion, we hope to help kindle your inspiration, nurture your muse, and unleash your creativity.
All rights reserved © Nunn Design 2019
Would you like to subscribe to our blog? Read 10 reasons why!
Search the Blog
Nunn Design will be closed July 4th and 5th to celebrate the Holiday.
- Adorned Life (17)
- Artisan Spotlight (155)
- Be Inspired (412)
- Buy & Try (101)
- Flash Sales (64)
- Getting to know Becky (82)
- Giveaways (109)
- In The Press (60)
- Inside Nunn Design (317)
- Kits (37)
- ND Product Info (132)
- Tutorials (291)
Buy & Try Products
It is always exciting to see new techniques and projects, but sometimes it takes forever to gather the supplies for that afternoon of creating. The Buy & Try Program allows you to be inspired and purchase just the items needed to explore the technique we are featuring. “Buy & Try” offers may contain items that we don’t typically have in stock! Purchase the “Buy & Try” products either a la-carte, or in a combo pack.
Click on the images below to visit the tutorials and shop the supplies.