After years of creating jewelry for the Nunn Design gallery, making samples for magazine articles and creating jewelry to develop new techniques and tutorials, I have accumulated bags and bags of jewelry that are now stacked up in my office and in storage under my bed. It is time for me to find an outlet for my own creativity while I fuel our Nunn Design customers with inspiration. I hope that you will support me in my decision to start an Etsy Store for the purpose of selling my finished jewelry creations.
Oh my though! I’m learning things that you all have known forever! Since we at Nunn Design are wholesale only, I relate to you on a business-to-business basis. Now we are talking business-to-consumer. It is a whole new ball of wax for me.
So, I do what I always do when I’m starting something new. I research, read and ask questions of everyone I know who has an Etsy site. I have my notebook out and I am trying to soak up all I can. Of course, I have to set a deadline for when my analyzing has got to stop and I just have to do my very best getting started. Here are 10 resources that I have been reading to get myself educated. Even if you have an Etsy site, it couldn’t hurt to check these resources out to see if you can glean any tips to help you take your shop to the next level.
10 Great Etsy Resources!
- I really liked this 5 part series from Stephanie’s from Six Figures Under. She was more detailed in the specifics costs and than other blogs I visited. http://www.sixfiguresunder.com/can-i-make-money-on-etsy/
- In this video from Handmadeology’s owner and chief editor Timothy Adam, he covers 10 tips to successful selling on Etsy. But after you watch the video, scroll down to the article. Each of the 10 tips has dozens of articles full of great information. This alone will keep me up late reading! I signed up for the Handmadeology blog too. I’m excited. http://www.handmadeology.com/10-real-tips-for-successfully-selling-on-etsy/
- And here is a blog post for those of you who are seasoned Etsy sellers. Handmadeology writer Megan Petersen covers 50 Reasons You’re Not Getting Etsy Sales (although I hope that isn’t the case for you!) http://www.handmadeology.com/50-reasons-youre-not-getting-etsy-sales/
- FitSmallBusiness.com has How To Be Successful on Etsy-The Ultimate Guide. Hmm, not sure about “ultimate”, but it is worth a look-see. http://fitsmallbusiness.com/how-to-be-successful-on-etsy/
- Etsy does a killer job providing tips on how to get started! They must make it easy enough otherwise they wouldn’t have as many sellers! https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/top-10-tips-for-starting-an-etsy/22664153555
- Here is a link to the Etsy Seller Handbook, yet another great free resource. https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook
- I have already spent hours reading through some of the questions brought up on the Etsy Community Forum. It is interesting to learn about questions that I don’t even know to ask. Joining an Etsy’s Community/Forum Discussions will be something that I look forward to doing. https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss?ref=help_forums_suggestion
- There are dozens of books on how to set-up an Etsy business. In a quick Google search, I was interested in this one. Mostly because it has 5 star reviews and was just released this summer. But, scroll down from this link. You will see dozens of other books that Amazon sells on this subject. Do you have a favorite? http://www.amazon.com/Etsy-Excellence-Creating-Thriving-Business/dp/
- Ah, I couldn’t resist throwing this one in. Even Country Living is on the bandwagon for helping us make a living doing what we love! http://www.countryliving.com/life/a35946/how-to-sell-on-etsy/
- Just when I think I simply can’t do this, I love to read articles about Etsy sellers who have already done it. It is exciting to see so many people doing what they love and doing well at it. http://www.learnvest.com/2014/05/how-i-did-it-opened-my-own-etsy-shop/
- Here is an extra bonus resource from 5 of Shoplo’s most established Etsy Artists. Hey, if we can learn from those who have had a successful track record selling on Etsy, why not, right? https://www.shoplo.com/blog/ho
Etsy Thoughts or Advice?
I would love to hear from you, our valued customers, on what you think and any advice that you have for me. Please let me know at email@example.com.
Shop Nunn Design Wholesale
Nunn Design has been supplying jewelry artists with findings for over 20 years. Shop wholesale jewelry findings for creative jewelry makers.Shop Nunn Design!
How to Purchase Wholesale?
If you are interested in becoming one of the many designers who trust their jewelry to Nunn Design Findings, please join us by registering to become one of our wholesale customers!
Please visit our Where to Buy Page for a listing of online stores that sell Nunn Design Findings retail.
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!
3 thoughts on “Selling on Etsy? 10 Great Resources!”
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! SUPER MAZING Post as are ALL of your Posts!! =) SUPER EXCITED about being able to own one of your Pieces and the Fact that you have shared ALL o this information in order for us to do the same, or to BETTER our own Shops!! THANKS and looking forward to your New Endeavor!! =)
That is so very nice! I am really learning a lot through this whole process. I don’t know if I will sell anything, but I do know that I am becoming a much better product developer. I’m thinking like an Etsy artist now. The experience is really great!