One of the unique things about the collection of jewelry findings, offered by Nunn Design, is that we offer our makers everything they will need to complete a jewelry project from start to finish.
Findings that help you complete your jewelry is what we are focusing on in this post. We’ve broken the category into the following sections for us to explore:
- Toggle Bars & Rings
- Lobster Clasps
- Hook & Eye Clasps
- Ribbon Ends & Strand Reducers
- Ribbon End Connectors & Ball Chain Connectors
Let’s explore the options within the Nunn Design line-up of jewelry findings! Click on any of the images to link to more detailed information and to shop the Nunn Design Website.
Let’s Talk Clasps & Closures!
Toggle Bars & Rings
- Nunn Design Toggle Bars & Rings and are created in the USA with imported lead-free pewter.
- After casting, they are cleaned and plated in the USA with precious imported metals. Copper, 24k gold and .999 silver.
- After they are quality controlled, the findings are counted and packaged into easy to purchase quantities.
- Holes and loops are designed to fit the many jumprings offered within the Nunn Design Collection.
- Take a look at our “Toggle Bar & Rings Cheatsheet” to see how all of the findings play nicely with one another.
We sell a lot of lobster clasps!
- Created from solid brass, these imported lobster clasps are plated in the USA using imported precious metals. Copper, 24k gold and .999 silver.
- We offer 4 different sizes, but the 11.9 and 15mm lobster clasps are by far our top sellers.
- Packaged in easy to use quantities of 10 per pack.
Hook & Eye Clasps
These are one of those findings that I really didn’t “get”, but once we added them to the line I soon found myself using them over and over again!
- The 16 gauge brass wire and forming for the Hook & Eye Clasps is done in the USA. Although the brass wire is imported, we are able to state that these are all made in the USA due to the steps required to alter the brass during the manufacturing process.
- Once the wire is formed, Hook & Eyes are cleaned and plated in the USA with precious imported metals; Copper, 24k gold and .999 silver.
- Nunn Design Buttons are created in the USA with imported lead-free pewter.
- Embedded into the pewter casting is a brass button shank, providing for a strong and durable button.
- After casting, buttons are cleaned and plated in the USA with precious imported metals. Copper, 24k gold and .999 silver.
- Next, the buttons are quality controlled, the findings are counted and packaged into easy to purchase quantities.
Ribbon Ends & Strand Reducers
- Ribbon Ends are formed in the USA from solid brass.
- Stand Reducers are cast in the USA with imported lead-free pewter.
- Both findings are plated in the USA with precious imported metals in all the plates that Nunn Design has to offer.
Ribbon End Connectors & Ball Chain Connectors
- Ribbon Ends Connectors are made in the USA.
- Ball Chain Connectors are also made in the USA.
- The Ball Chain Crimp Connectors are imported (gosh darn it!!!).
- All are plated in the USA with imported precious imported metals.
- Learn how to use the Ribbon End Connectors!
- Learn how to use the Ball Chain Crimp Connectors!
We know that you have a lot of choices when it comes to finishing your jewelry projects. A lot of these findings are commodities and are easily available. More than likely you could find less expensive import items, but we stand behind the findings that we offer. We can’t thank you enough for adding these items to your orders and choosing to put the extra effort into the finishing details.
Let’s Talk Series:
We hope that you will use this series as a resource when preparing the copy to describe your own jewelry made from Nunn Design Findings. It is becoming more and more important to be completely transparent with how and where your jewelry is being made. Consumers want to be aware of what they are purchasing and who they are supporting. It is our jobs to provide correcting information and descriptions.
To review other posts in this series, here is what we have talked about:
- Let’s Talk Jumprings!
- Let’s Talk Earwires!
- Let’s Talk Beads!
- Let’s Talk Charms!
- Let’s Talk Bezels!
- Let’s Talk Open Bezels!
- Let’s Talk Metal Stamping Flat Tags!
- Let’s Talk Rings!
- Let’s Talk Chain!
- Let’s Talk Earrings!
- Let’s Talk Bracelets!
- Let’s Talk Clasps & Closures!
- Let’s Talk Beadcaps!
Thanks again for joining us!
Shop Nunn Design Findings
Shop Nunn Design Wholesale
Nunn Design has been supplying jewelry artists with findings for over 20 years. Shop wholesale jewelry findings for creative jewelry makers.Shop Nunn Design!
How to Purchase Wholesale?
If you are interested in becoming one of the many designers who trust their jewelry to Nunn Design Findings, please join us by registering to become one of our wholesale customers!
Please visit our Where to Buy Page for a listing of online stores that sell Nunn Design Findings retail.
If you enjoyed reading this post, please subscribe to our blog. Here are 10 Reasons Why to Subscribe and a place to do so!